Monday, August 07, 2006

Felting is Fun!

Ok, so the felting thing was totally rad! I managed to finish and felt the bag this weekend. I dip-dyed the bottom half of it (pre-felting) in dark brown rit dye, and it did this most amazing streaking thing... it looks like a ceramic mug that my brother made in HS. It's going to SisterSarah in a box this week, I think.

Now that I know that yarn felts well, I went ahead and dyed the rest of the blue NZ yarn (1/2 baby blue, the other 1/2 dark dark brown) and am starting another bag. This one, I'm constructing similar to the first one, but adjusted more to the color repeats so I get some interesting flashing/pooling. I don't think I'll make it as deep as the first one, so it'll be a more of a baguette shape, but I love the twisted I-cord handles.

My poor Husband walked in on me while I was dyeing/felting the bag on Saturday. He just looked at me and the mess, smiled and shook his head and went on down to his office. He changed his tune when he saw the finished bag, though. He's getting more and more interested in what I'm doing the more I'm doing it and showing him that I can attempt to keep up with the house/job/kids and spend time with him AND knit too. He even admitted that the felting thing is like magic. I'll have him brainwashed soon enough. :)

No comments: