Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Avoiding work is fun!

I'd really rather be at home than at work, surrounded by my knitting instead of boxes of stuff to be put away.

Update: MacZilla's sockies are done.
I started new ones for Miz Izzy (sockotta wool/cotton blend, some strange pink/orange/yellow/purple colorway - straight stockinette... boring but effective), because she was getting jealous and was stealing her brother's socks. I finished the Latvian Lace socks for Mom. She really likes them - I hope she'll get some use out of them when the weather cools off.

So much for the FO's, now for the UFO's.

Icarus is still sitting there. I got a couple rows in, but I just can't sit down and make myself work on it. Maybe when #3 gets here.

The alpaca scarf/stole/thing got frogged last night in a fit of pique. I don't like my addition of the stockinette "sashing" between the lace repeats, and it was making the scarf all wavy, and not in a good way. I'm thinking of repurposing the yarn for a feather and fan cardigan or something for Miz Izzy or #3. I swatched it and the F&F looks really pretty. We'll see.

That's the UFO's, now on to the new stuff (cause I have project ADD/monogamy issues)

I started a cabled sweater from Inspired Cable Knits in a yummy chocolate brown worsted from knitpicks. It's going to be beautiful, if a bit warm.

The above mentioned stripy sockotta sockies for Miz I.

The also above-mentioned alpaca maybe cardigan for Miz I or #3. We'll see if I can figure out how to adjust the lace pattern to accomodate the sleeve increases.

I'm starting my Christmas projects: some Broad Street Mittens (with a twist) for ClayTron, in a really beautiful navy blue fingering weight (thank you KnitPicks). If they go quickly, I may make a pair for my BIL, Robert, who I tried to teach to knit while in Colorado.

I've gotten bitten by the felted/fulled knit bag thing, thank you very much "Wendy Knits".
I'm trying a bag from a pattern I found on Magknits and I impulsively (very impulsively) purchased Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers last night for the embellishment on Amazon.
I have this really beautiful sky blue New Zealand wool (enough for a sweater) I bought from Ebay oh, about a year ago. Beautiful online, scratchy as hell in real life. I'm going to try and felt it and see what happens. It's 100% wool, and I'm pretty sure it's not superwash, so we'll see how it goes. So far I have the bottom and about an inch and a half done up the sides... I really should do a swatch and see if it actually felts like I'm hoping it will. I'll probably do that tonight. If the bag works out it's going to SisterSarah after I dip dye it when it's done. I'm thinking brown... to get that vareigated, ombred brown to blue thing. Might be pretty cool. Here's hoping. I went on to knitpicks last night also and bought some black, grey and red for a purse thing for me. I know their stuff will felt, and it's for me, so no real hurry.

No comments: