Monday, August 21, 2006

Fall is in the air...

As I walked out the door this morning on my way to work, I could smell it. That smoky, leafy, almost cold, go home and bake apple pie smell. Fall is around the corner. I can't wait. My mind is being drawn to the cabled sweaters, hats, socks and mittens that I have planned for this season's knitting.

Of course, as I am getting ready to go outside again, to go home to pet all of the abovementioned projects and whisper sweet promises to them ("Someday soon, I'll get you out again and we'll get you finished off and show off the woolly goodness that you really are..."), only to be practically knocked over by the wave of humidity-sodden heat that instantly melts off your face and sucks all the crafty will-power right out of a person.

*Sigh*
Forget Endless Summer... give me Endless Autumn any day.

No comments: