Friday, December 29, 2006

deep breaths

Christmas has come and gone... all of the knitted presents are done, with the exception of my mom's socks, but I perpetually have one on the sticks for her anyway. She doesn't care when she gets them... just that she gets them. The latest incarnation is something I made up: k2 p2 rib for 1 1/2 inches, then k6, p1, k2, p1 for three rounds then it's k6, p1, k2tog, yo, p1 for one round.

It's really turning out quite pretty. I'm using the Lisa Souza Sock! yarn in the Mahogany color. It's perfect for Mom because she has Navy and black and brown and grey pants, so the socks go with anything she wears. (She's not really a loud sock person anyway... that's Miz Izzy's domain.)

Next to be finished in the sock department is a feather and fan pattern sock in my own hand dyed yarn.

Then I'll finish the mate to my Dublin Bay socks in the Plum Essential Tweed from knitpicks

Then I'll start a pair in the Lisa Souza Berry Poppins... pattern as yet undetermined.

That should get me through the next couple months, no? I wish I was a faster knitter... and had less "project ADD" tendencies.

I'm going to try to reduce my sock yarn stash a bit this year... I have enough to knit at least 10 pairs of adult socks and about a half dozen pairs of kid socks, at least. Then there's the sweater queue, and the lace queue. All lovely projects, but my eyes were bigger than my stomach this past year, as regards yarn purchases... hence the yarn diet of 2007. I just hope my yarn purchasing will power is better than my "I'm not going to eat anymore cookies" willpower.

Happy New Year!

No comments: