Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hi Secret Pal!

I received emails from both my assigned secret pal and the name of the secret pal that I'm assigned to... is there terminology for this? Pal-or? Pal-ee? ANYway, OneSkeinWonder... welcome!

This is such a fun project... how do you spoil someone you hardly know? Fortunately, this is just the kind of challenge that I love to have.

There has been some knitting accomplished, believe it or not. Baby manages to sleep for a couple hours at a time when she decides to sleep, and I've managed to finish both hers and Miz Izzy's sweaters. Now that I've figured out this picture posting thing (so much easier than Livejournal), I'll show them off when the light is better. Our changeable Nebraska weather has seen fit to grace us with a bit of a cold snap complete with cloudy skies and the incessant wind that goes along with it. Needless to say I've been baking. Cinnamon rolls were the order of the day yesterday, brownies will be this afternoon's project along with decorating the house for Fall/Halloween.

Now that the girls' sweaters are done, I've really got to get crackin' on the christmas gifties. I have one of Clayton's glittens done except for the flap and I have the cuff started on the second. I think he, Jackson, MacZilla and SisterSarah will be the only ones getting hand-knit stuff this year. I'd like to do something for Daddy and KingZach, but since Dad's in Arizona and knitwear is not really needed there and Zach is Hagrid-sized and therefore impossible to fit (and suprise)... alas.

Since Miz Izzy's climbing on my lap, asking for breakfast, I'd better get going on my day... much as I'd like to keep sitting here and typing and reading about knitting stuff.

1 comment:

starrypurplehaze said...

Don't forget that one of the rules of SP9 is 4 posts a month, with at least one being fiber-related...since it started midmonth, I'm allowing two posts this month...so please post soon!

Thanks. :)